Whether you rent or own, your home is one of the most important things in the world. It’s your safe haven and the place you and your family make and share memories. It’s also one of the biggest investments you will ever make. You want to make sure your home and the valuables inside of it are protected, and the best way to do that is with brooklyn insurance.
Though intangible, homeowners and renters insurance is one of the most important things that you can purchase for your home. It safeguards you from the unexpected and gives you peace of mind. If you are looking to buy or rent a new home, once you find the ideal space, make sure that homeowners or renters insurance is your first purchase.
Why You Need Homeowners Insurance
Your home is one of the most expensive purchases you will ever make and you want to make sure your investment is safeguarded against unpredictable situations. Brooklyn Homeowners insurance can provide you with that protection.
- Protects your dwelling. If your house is damaged by a flood, fire or another peril, your homeowner’s insurance policy can help to pay for the cost of repairs.
- Protects your personal possessions. Should your belongings, such as furnishings or electronics, be damaged or stolen, your policy can help to cover the cost of replacing them.
- Liability protection. If someone sustains an injury on your property, you are liable for the damages. Your homeowner’s insurance policy can help to cover the cost of those damages.
- Fulfills mortgage requirement. If you have taken out a mortgage to purchase your home, your lender will require you to have a homeowner’s insurance policy to protect the money they have invested in your home.
Why You Need Renters Insurance
Unlike homeowners insurance, which is required if the home is mortgaged, renters insurance is an option; you don’t have to purchase it. However, having renters insurance offers a wealth of benefits and will provide you with peace of mind in the event that they unpredictable occurs.
- Protects your personal possessions. If your personal possessions are damaged by a flood or a fire, or they are stolen, your renter’s insurance policy will help to cover the cost of replacing them.
- Provides personal liability. If someone is injured in your rental and you are found liable (you leave a cord plugged in and someone trips over it or you spill water and someone slips and falls,) your renter’s insurance policy will help to cover the cost of the damages.
- Emergency living expenses. If your rental is damaged and become uninhabitable, your renter’s insurance policy can help to cover the cost of additional living expenses while your abode is being repaired.
- Fills gaps in coverage. While the window of your car may be covered by your auto insurance if someone bashes in the window and steals your iPod, your stolen iPod probably won’t be covered. Renter’s insurance could help to cover the cost of the stolen iPod.
If you own your home or you rent it, one thing is certain; protecting your home and the people and valuables in it is paramount. Homeowners and renters insurance will provide you with the protection you need to feel safe and secure.